Is interested in books, movies, television, getting healthy and finding inner peace.
Cares about her impact on this planet and those she shares it with.
Opens her door and heart to any random animal that strolls up to her property.
Loves her husband.
Eats all types of foods, but wants to grow her own.
Identifies with more fictional characters than she does with real people.
Voices her opinion in the written word, but still feels shy doing so audibly.
Enjoys exercise (although her body doesn't) as much as she enjoys lazy days.
Recognizes the beauty in everyone.
Aspires to be a better person, a better writer and a better blogger every day.
RIVERA RUNS THROUGH IT
This is it.
Brace yourself. While, in the past, I have endeavored to pigeon hole this blog into one niche or genre, I have come to the conclusion that is too constricting for me. This is Rivera Runs Through IT, where "IT" can be defined as any and everything that strikes my fancy. However, since I am individual with my own tastes that may differ from your own, let me give you a brief run down of the types of things I am interested in:
- Books: Reading them, writing them, listening to them, finding them, promoting them and whatever else you can think of... I love stories.
- Writing: the art, practice and sharing of writing.
- Movies: When we have the money, my husband and I are at the movies every.single.weekend. When we don't have the money we are usually watching Netflix or bootlegs we've borrowed from someone "in the know". (Shhh... don't tell anyone!)
- Television: I watch a lot of TV. I have a number of obsessions such as Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Parenthood, Face Off, and anything Viggle will give me bonus points for.
- Going Green: from lifestyle choices to finding ways to be an active member of this community for change.
- Living Healthy: This is extra important, since staying healthy has been my full time job since June 2010. (So far I have had varied success in my current occupation thanks to two chronic conditions - Idopathic Intracranial Hypertension and Crohn's disease.)
- Finding My Zen: Whether it is through meditation or some other spiritual path, I am looking for THE answer.
- This Virtual Life: Twitter parties, online communities, fantastic YouTube channels, awesome APPS, and blogging are all things that catch my eye.
- Cooking/Baking: Living gluten-free and dairy-free has caused me to become more and more creative in the kitchen just to bring some of my old favorites, as well as some new ones, to life.
THANKS FOR READING!